THE FRIENDS OF GOVERNMENT HOUSE GARDENS SOCIETY
I. The name of the Society is The Friends of Government House Gardens Society. (hereinafter referred to as the “Society”)
II. The Society is dedicated to:
- Preserving, improving and enhancing the beauty of the grounds and gardens of Government House.
- Promoting public awareness and encouraging the active participation of the people of British Columbia in the continuing public use, enjoyment, development and maintenance of the Gardens, in cooperation with the Lieutenant Governor and the Province of British Columbia.
- Providing interested persons and organizations with opportunities to share in the development of the Gardens and in the benefits which they may offer.
- Publicizing the Gardens’ activities, their needs and their offerings.
- Bringing to the assistance of the Gardens, on a voluntary basis, the talents and abilities of the public at large.
- Undertaking such other activities which, from time to time, may be deemed appropriate.